Wednesday, December 10, 2014

It's not Easy being Green


After 8 years in school and 4 years professionally working, I have finally found the job that makes me light up like a Christmas Tree. I am talking everyday...Everyday- I absolutely love what I do! For me- there is no greater combination of art, science, math, and the outdoors; but it's not easy. Despite 12 years of education and industry, I'm not sure that anything aside from common sense and practical experience could have never prepared me for now.

For those of you who don't know me, I recently went through a grueling 9 month internship to prove that I had the gall and the guff to become the first lady field coordinator that my company has ever had. This title was hard won, but at the same time, it was won through jobs that were far more related to my particular set of skills and background. After a recent promotion, I am now stepping outside of my comfort zone and really learning what this industry is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment